... all for the Spartans!
The Turpin Athletic Boosters enhance the athletic experience of all our student-athletes. We work together with our Athletic Department and coaches to build on the outstanding athletic tradition of Turpin High School.
Our goals are to encourage participation in athletics at THS, promote the highest level of sportsmanship amongst our athletes, increase student attendance at all Turpin Athletic events, and to provide financial assistance for the benefit of all athletic programs at Turpin.
Become an active member by attending a booster meeting and find out how you can help. Booster meeting are held on the second monday of every month in room B301 at THS. And thank you for your continued support of the Spartans!
Why should I join Turpin Athletic Boosters?
We know Booster membership is expensive. District fees and Athletic “Pay to Play” fees cover only the most basic needs of our student athletes: Coaches’ salaries, equipment and uniforms, transportation, officials. Athletic Boosters provides facility improvements that benefit all students, including Band members and student fans, along with parents and community supporters. We believe that these efforts elevate the overall image of Turpin High School and Forest Hills School District within Anderson Township and beyond. Our goal is to provide a first class experience for all Turpin students, student athletes, band members and fans. Quality facilities also benefit the school district via increased facility rental fees for community organizations.
Gold Pass and Gold Pass Plus memberships include admission to all regular season home games for all sports at both Turpin and Nagel, along with other benefits listed on the membership form. The $50 Spartan Supporter level is great for families who don’t need gold passes and for grandparents and alumni wanting to support our students.
Lastly, ALL money collected by Boosters is used solely for Turpin Athletics.
What does my Booster Membership Fee fund?
Last year, Boosters funded stadium press box renovations, new stadium sound system and scoreboard, cheerleading “run through” banner, Senior awards, Senior banners, and concession stand renovations.
Recently, Boosters also purchased new scoreboards for baseball and swimming, baseball & softball field renovations, new gym bleachers, tennis storage shed, weight room equipment, track/CC tent, soccer nets, football headsets, a new Golf cart to transport fans and equipment to fields, and equipment for concessions.
This year, (at a minimum) Boosters will fund Coaches’ clinics, training room supplies, weight room equipment, Athletic lobby monitors, Hall of Fame signage, Locker room renovations, concession equipment and architecture plans for future outdoor renovations. Again, all dollars stay at Turpin.
Can I join Athletic Boosters if my kids don’t play sports?
Absolutely! As mentioned above, Boosters benefits all Turpin students, either directly or indirectly.
Can I get a single Gold Pass for my student?
Yes. They are sold for $85 through the Turpin Athletic Office.
If I purchase Gold Passes through Boosters, how/when will I get my passes?
Orders received by August 14 will be distributed at Meet the Team Night on August 16. All others will be mailed.
Where can I get more information?
Supporting Student-Athletes at Turpin High School
The athletic programs at Turpin High School provide our student-athletes with opportunities to compete on the playing field, to demonstrate sportsmanship and to strive for academic excellence. Your Turpin Athletics Boosters continue to support all athletic programs to pay for the new turf stadium, purchase uniforms, equipment, help provide transportation for our athletes along with supporting the maintenance of our sports facilities. The past several years have seen an improved stadium/press box, video equipment, new baseball field sprinkling system, batting cages, new baseball wall and screen, new softball dugouts and scoreboards, wrestling mats, new weight room, an electronic scoreboard for the swim team-just to mention a few of the improvements that Boosters has helped provide. Please join the Boosters and help our Turpin High School Athletes.
The ABC's of the Turpin Athletic Boosters Support:
A: All Awards for Athletes including varsity letters
B: Backstops, Basketball shooting machines, Banners in the gym
C: Cameras, Coaches, Clinics, Chairs
D: Dugouts and Diving boards
E: Equipment for the weight room
F: Funding for state tournament trips, Football stadium
G: Golf bags, Goals, Gator for the field
H: Hurdles for track, Hall of fame plaques and ceremony
I: Infield dirt, Injury prevention sportsmedicine
J: Jump system for track and field team
K: Klinger Krazies - the student boosters!
L: Logo of the Spartan on the gym wall
M: Mascot uniform
N: Nets for Volleyball; New equipment not in the AD's budget
O: Outdoor batting cages for baseball and softball
P: APortable bleachers for tennis, Pool Deck, Press box for Spartan stadium
Q: Quiz team timers and buzzerss
R: Record boards for swimming and track
S: Scoreboards, and Shirts for all coaches
T: Training room upgrades, and Trophy cases
U: Underground irrigation system
V: Vault table for gymnastics, Volleyball blocker equipment
W: Website, Wrestling mats, Windscreens, Water for the softball field
X: eXcellent support of all the Spartan teams and coaches
Y: Yard lines-new turf in Spartan Stadium
Z: E-Z up tent for track and cross country
FRIENDS OF TURPIN
DBA TURPIN ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB
ARTICLE I – NAME
- The name of the organization shall be the FRIENDS OF TURPIN, dba Turpin Athletic Booster Club.
ARTICLE II – PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The purpose of this organization shall be to promote athletics and activities at Turpin High School. The objective of this organization shall be:
1. To encourage, support, and to promote athletic activity, or any activity pertaining to or affecting our students.
2. To promote the highest standards of sportsmanship and to encourage student participation in athletics and attendance at games and athletic events.
3. To provide financial assistance for the benefit of the athletic department and other activities as defined in item 1 above.
ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP & DUES
- Membership shall be open to any person who has paid the current year dues.
- Annual membership dues shall be set annually by the Executive Committee.
ARTICLE IV – ORGANIZATION
Section I – The governing body of the Boosters is the Membership Board whose duties are to:
1. Elect and install Officers.
2. Elect and install at large Executive Board Members.
3. Serve on nominating committees.
4. Approve expenditures.
5. Approve the annual budget.
6. Uphold and enforce the Bylaws.
Section II – Membership Board
The Membership Board consists of the Executive Committee and a representative from each varsity sport. Each varsity sport shall appoint one representative. Each representative, in addition to the Executive Committee, shall have one vote on all items requiring a vote. The representatives shall elect the Executive Committee at the May meeting.
1. In order to be eligible to become a member of the Membership Board, the individual must have his/her current year dues paid and be a member of the Booster Club. Any Membership Board member who misses three (3) consecutive membership meetings may be asked to resign from the Membership Board.
2. Any Membership Board vacancy occurring during the year shall be filled as soon as possible by appointment of the Executive Committee to fill the remainder of the term.
Section III – Executive Committee
The Executive Committee will be made up of the booster officers and three (3) other booster members elected by the Board for a one (1) year term, along with the Athletic Director.
1. Any Executive Committee vacancy occurring during the year shall be filled as soon as possible by nomination and election by the Board to fill the remainder of the term.
Section IV – Duties of the Executive Committee
1. To meet as necessary to review new and old business to be discussed or voted on at the next membership meeting in an organized fashion.
2. To meet and establish a financial budget for the coming school year.
3. To meet as necessary on any emergency items which must be put to a vote and addressed at the next membership meeting.
4. To address the annual audit of the booster expenditures from the previous year.
Section V – Officers
1. The officers of the Boosters shall consist of President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Membership Director. Officer terms shall be for a period of one (1) year.
Section VI – Duties of Officers
1. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Membership Board and Executive Committee. He/she shall sign all official documents; appoint all committees and shall be, Ex-officio, a member of all committees.
2. The Vice President fulfills all the duties of the President if the latter is absent or otherwise unable to execute his/her responsibilities. The Vice President shall also assist the President as needed.
3. The Secretary shall keep a roll of the membership, preserve the minutes, and attend to all other correspondence.
4. The Treasurer shall present a detailed report of all monies received and disbursed at each membership meeting. All checks shall be signed by the Treasurer or President or his/her designee. The Treasurer shall also be Chairman of the Budget Committee, responsible for preparing and submitting the proposed budget to the Membership Board for approval.
5. The Membership Director shall recruit membership for the Booster Club and assist the Membership Board with other matters as needed.
Section VII – Standing Committees
The Chairman of each committee shall be a member of the Booster Club, will be appointed by the President, will provide an oral report at each membership meeting, and upon request by the President, such written reports as deemed necessary.
Those committees are:
3. Nominating; and
Other committees may be established from time to time as deemed necessary at the discretion of the President.
ARTICLE V – ELECTIONS
1. Nomination and election of officers shall take place during the May meeting. A candidate for President must have served at least one (1) year on the Membership Board.
2. All members of the Membership Board are eligible for nomination for Vice President, Secretary, or Treasurer.
ARTICLE VI – MEETINGS
All Membership meetings are open to the general membership.
1. The Board may meet at least once each month during the calendar year. The meeting place will be determined by the Board.
2. Special Board meetings may be called at the discretion of the President. An attempt to reach all members will be made. Eight (8) members of the Board shall constitute a quorum.
ARTICLE VII – AMENDMENTS
The Constitution may be altered, amended, or revised provided:
1. That such alteration, amendment, or revision be submitted in writing to all board members at least seven (7) days prior to the next membership meeting.
2. At the membership meeting the proposed alteration, amendment, or revision shall be read by the presiding officer to the membership and the floor opened for discussion.
3. At the succeeding general membership meeting, the vote will be called by the presiding officer. A two-thirds vote of the board present is required for passage.
ARTICLE VIII – DISSOLUTION
The Booster Club may be dissolved by a two-thirds vote of the membership. In the event of dissolution of the Turpin Athletic Booster Club, any funds remaining in the treasury will be donated to the Turpin Athletic Department.
ADOPTED by Resolution of the Booster Club on the ____ day of _______, 2007.
TURPIN HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB