The Girls Gymnastics participated in the Catholic Central Invitational on Saturday February 4th. A week off from meets allowed the team to work on mastering some new skills. For several of the Spartans their hard work paid off.
- Brittany Gardner score the first 9.0 of the season for the team on floor as well as a season high bar score.
- Hailey Beiswanger brought her floor score up .6 for her personal best in the last 3 seasons.
- Polina Elagin score team points on her 3 events with season highs on vault and floor as well as getting back in the 8's on beam.
- Katie Lambert scored team points on vault as well as bars with a career high score.
- Geena Marcon continued to try to gain control of the beam in her first season competing.
- Gretchen Watkins was the leading Spartan on beam with her 8.5 and stayed on as well as a bar routine that scored team points.
- Maria Bushman scored team points on beam as well as competing vault.
- Olivia Meagher upped her floor score to her first 8.5 and scored team points as well as a season high on bars. She also fell victim to the beams 4 inches but continues to climb back on it.
- Leah Roodhouse returned to the lineup after 3 weeks off for an injury and competed on vault.
- Amber Russell scored team points for her vault as well as competed on bars with a new skill on floor.
- Serra Tuzun scored team points on all 4 events, coming in with her highest all-around score of the season. She mastered the bars with her new skills and scored her highest score by .5.
- Caitlin McGrath and Kate Seibert, unable to compete provided the team positive feedback with stickers and cake balls.
Next up SWIM meet at Miamisburg on Sunday February 12th.