FRIENDS OF TURPIN
DBA TURPIN ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB
ARTICLE I – NAME
- The name of the organization shall be the FRIENDS OF TURPIN, dba Turpin Athletic Booster Club.
ARTICLE II – PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The purpose of this organization shall be to promote athletics and activities at Turpin High School. The objective of this organization shall be:
1. To encourage, support, and to promote athletic activity, or any activity pertaining to or affecting our students.
2. To promote the highest standards of sportsmanship and to encourage student participation in athletics and attendance at games and athletic events.
3. To provide financial assistance for the benefit of the athletic department and other activities as defined in item 1 above.
ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP & DUES
- Membership shall be open to any person who has paid the current year dues.
- Annual membership dues shall be set annually by the Executive Committee.
ARTICLE IV – ORGANIZATION
Section I – The governing body of the Boosters is the Membership Board whose duties are to:
1. Elect and install Officers.
2. Elect and install at large Executive Board Members.
3. Serve on nominating committees.
4. Approve expenditures.
5. Approve the annual budget.
6. Uphold and enforce the Bylaws.
Section II – Membership Board
The Membership Board consists of the Executive Committee and a representative from each varsity sport. Each varsity sport shall appoint one representative. Each representative, in addition to the Executive Committee, shall have one vote on all items requiring a vote. The representatives shall elect the Executive Committee at the May meeting.
1. In order to be eligible to become a member of the Membership Board, the individual must have his/her current year dues paid and be a member of the Booster Club. Any Membership Board member who misses three (3) consecutive membership meetings may be asked to resign from the Membership Board.
2. Any Membership Board vacancy occurring during the year shall be filled as soon as possible by appointment of the Executive Committee to fill the remainder of the term.
Section III – Executive Committee
The Executive Committee will be made up of the booster officers and three (3) other booster members elected by the Board for a one (1) year term, along with the Athletic Director.
1. Any Executive Committee vacancy occurring during the year shall be filled as soon as possible by nomination and election by the Board to fill the remainder of the term.
Section IV – Duties of the Executive Committee
1. To meet as necessary to review new and old business to be discussed or voted on at the next membership meeting in an organized fashion.
2. To meet and establish a financial budget for the coming school year.
3. To meet as necessary on any emergency items which must be put to a vote and addressed at the next membership meeting.
4. To address the annual audit of the booster expenditures from the previous year.
Section V – Officers
1. The officers of the Boosters shall consist of President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Membership Director. Officer terms shall be for a period of one (1) year.
Section VI – Duties of Officers
1. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Membership Board and Executive Committee. He/she shall sign all official documents; appoint all committees and shall be, Ex-officio, a member of all committees.
2. The Vice President fulfills all the duties of the President if the latter is absent or otherwise unable to execute his/her responsibilities. The Vice President shall also assist the President as needed.
3. The Secretary shall keep a roll of the membership, preserve the minutes, and attend to all other correspondence.
4. The Treasurer shall present a detailed report of all monies received and disbursed at each membership meeting. All checks shall be signed by the Treasurer or President or his/her designee. The Treasurer shall also be Chairman of the Budget Committee, responsible for preparing and submitting the proposed budget to the Membership Board for approval.
5. The Membership Director shall recruit membership for the Booster Club and assist the Membership Board with other matters as needed.
Section VII – Standing Committees
The Chairman of each committee shall be a member of the Booster Club, will be appointed by the President, will provide an oral report at each membership meeting, and upon request by the President, such written reports as deemed necessary.
Those committees are:
3. Nominating; and
Other committees may be established from time to time as deemed necessary at the discretion of the President.
ARTICLE V – ELECTIONS
1. Nomination and election of officers shall take place during the May meeting. A candidate for President must have served at least one (1) year on the Membership Board.
2. All members of the Membership Board are eligible for nomination for Vice President, Secretary, or Treasurer.
ARTICLE VI – MEETINGS
All Membership meetings are open to the general membership.
1. The Board may meet at least once each month during the calendar year. The meeting place will be determined by the Board.
2. Special Board meetings may be called at the discretion of the President. An attempt to reach all members will be made. Eight (8) members of the Board shall constitute a quorum.
ARTICLE VII – AMENDMENTS
The Constitution may be altered, amended, or revised provided:
1. That such alteration, amendment, or revision be submitted in writing to all board members at least seven (7) days prior to the next membership meeting.
2. At the membership meeting the proposed alteration, amendment, or revision shall be read by the presiding officer to the membership and the floor opened for discussion.
3. At the succeeding general membership meeting, the vote will be called by the presiding officer. A two-thirds vote of the board present is required for passage.
ARTICLE VIII – DISSOLUTION
The Booster Club may be dissolved by a two-thirds vote of the membership. In the event of dissolution of the Turpin Athletic Booster Club, any funds remaining in the treasury will be donated to the Turpin Athletic Department.
ADOPTED by Resolution of the Booster Club on the ____ day of _______, 2007.
TURPIN HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB