Coming off a 20-0 rout of Winton Woods on Wednesday, the boys hosted a talented Bellbrook Golden Eagles team on April 22. The boys dug a 1-0 hole, but Nate Hooper equalized the game 2 offensive possessions later. After that, Hooper connected with Eric Bohenek to put the Spartans ahead.
The Golden Eagles would tie the game at 2, but Hooper again connected with Eric Bohenek, who put in his second goal to put the Spartans back up by 1. From here they didn't look back.
A solid performance at the faceoff dot in the first half by Andrew Jump secured several possessions for the team. He unfortunately left the game with an injury, and Spencer Durso and Brody Donovan carried the duties from there, managing to split even with the Eagles and helping to control the game.
The defensive was solid the entire game, with Ryan Scoble causing 3 turnovers to add to his league leading 20 caused turnovers. Nick Crawley paced the D with 8 saves. The Spartan ride was stifling, as they thwarted 12 of 27 clearing attempts by the Eagles.
Scoring for the Spartans were:
- Nate Hooper with 4 goals and 3 assists
- Eric Bohenek with 5 goals and 1 assist
- Christian Gador with 2 goals and 2 assists
- Colin Peterman with 2 goals and 1 assist
- Nick Guenthere with 1 goal and 1 assist
- Zach Teter with 1 goal and 1 assist
- Elliot Hurst with 1 assist